Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Beware it's addictive!

After much ummhing and aahing I finally got around to making a crochet hook roll. Hopefully this will help to keep them in one place.
After looking at numerous tutorials on the net, I put together this little number. Added a little saying on the front and felt quite pleased with myself. Started and finished the same afternoon. More photos further along.
I also had a go at crocheting some picot flowers which I found over at http://www.attic24.typepad.com. Lucy whips up some wonderful creations, but I haven't quite got the hang of weaving in the ends as I go.
My little flowers look somewhat like floral jellyfish, with their dangly tentacles.

Warning:- this is what happens when you ask someone to mind your market stall and you take a break to stretch your legs. You end up in a book shop and before you know it you have purchased a crochet book by Melody Griffiths,published by CICO books. It's the bright coloured photos that catch your eye and while they have you mesmerised you are reaching for your wallet and pulling out that little piece of plastic.
There go the profits for that stall, but what the heck it was worth it.
Just have a look at all this gorgeous, floral, Springy, loveliness. Boy, that was a mouthful but I think you get the picture. I just love this Forget-me-not square.

Narcissus anyone? Isn't it just lovely, the colours are so fresh and bright.

One very golden daffodil.



Aha, back to my crochet hook roll. Inside there are slots for a number of hooks, also a pocket for scissors and a smaller pocket on the front, for teeny weeny things. I felt the tie was a little too high, so the next one I make will be slightly modified.



I had fun tying it up and untying as I crocheted my way through the weekend. I was like a child with a new toy!!

I will leave you with a couple of photos taken yesterday afternoon. As the storm blew in, the sky darkened and down came the rain in curtains, obscuring part of the mountains.
The sun bared it's face briefly and then came the most beautiful rainbow. Click on the photo to enlarge it


It was quite spectacular and I can't help but marvel at the beauty of the creation around me and I love to share my corner of the globe with you.
A nice drop of rain has topped up our tanks again, given the garden a nice drink and softened the earth enough for me to get into the garden over the Easter break.

Wherever you are, enjoy the Easter break, if you are travelling, take care.
Thanks for dropping by, love reading your comments so take a moment to let me know you visited.
Claire X









4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love rainbows? I feel as I get older, I pay more attention to all the natural beauty around me..I seem to appreciate it and have come to realize the fragility of it all. I love you crochet projects and I just bought a book on crocheted flowers...but I like yours much better...;-(
    Have a lovely day ....your friend,
    Janet..xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rainbow!! Floral jellyfish! LOL I still haven't taken the time I need to learn to crochet... Not enough hours in the day. Looks like you found a wonderful book! I love the forget me not block!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Claire....the butter under the crust is for added richness. It can certainly be omitted without really changing the flavor. You know how it goes...your Mom did it, so you do it....;-) Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire,thankyou for the lovely comment you left on my blog. I'm so happy to have found yours. You have a lovely chatty style of writing . I didn't read your profile before I started reading and I thought from your rainbow photo you lived in Wales~looks like Snowdonia.What an amazing veiw !!
    Love your crochet book and your hook roll too:0)
    Jacquie

    ReplyDelete

Life's busy isn't it?......thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I love hearing from you and will reply via email unless you are set up as a
'no reply blog'
in which case I will reply here on the comments page...♥

Thankyou xx